my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

that cosy time of year


Is it me or has Christmas arrived esp early this year? :)

Having time to roam the streets of Orchard last week, I was surprised to find decorations up & announcing the yuletide season. What? Its Christmas again? So soon?! I was out of town for 10 days & at a magical sweep of the wand, every store, mall was suddenly transformed fancy. Tall lit ribboned trees are up & proud at every other street corner. Retailers have put out their Christmas grab-a-bag pressie packages and displays have swirled from summer fall gear to glittery gowns & dresses. Everything everywhere is shouting CHRISTMAS! TIME TO SHOP!

Of cos, that and receiving my first Christmas card (some friends are so prompt!) & stash & stashes of Christmas discount brochures make it undeniable that the familiar hussle-bussle time of year has begun. The nagger in me is nagging the procrastinator in me to get started on the card-writing (I never finish my list every year!) and start looking out for pressie ideas… the planner in me also wonders – are we going to carol this year?

It probably isn’t that early (its mid-Nov afterall) but you know how Christmas marks the end of a year & its scary to be jolted into realisation that ANOTHER year has passed you inablinkofaneye by.

Still, its one of my favourite seasons. Partly cos I like gifts & gift shopping, adore writing & receiving cards, love to sing & hear Christmas carols. But mostly cos its the time, reason loved ones start to trickle back home… people I haven’t seen for awhile & miss dearly.


So as the clock ticks and Christmas begin to envelope us, may it be a cosy time as we celebrate the Reason for the season with the people that mean so much.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger sheralynt said…

    You know Christmas's coming when all you hear at work at the daycare is kids singing 'Frosty the Snowman' and 'Jingle Bell Rock' over and over again. Ah, Christmas, how I love thee (:

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger paddychicken said…

    You also know it's coming when it takes 20 mins to drive from Goodwood to Centrepoint. Of course I had to pick the first night of the lightup.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home