my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Friday, November 11, 2005

bali high


the week has zoomed past fast & i figured i better get ard to doing the thing on my list - blog! :)


a word must be said abt the incredible trip we made to Bali. being my first time there, i had high hopes thanks to the bali enthusiasts in my life. glad to say i wasnt disappointed despite falling ill on the first day! :) some things i really enjoyed abt the trip:


outdoor fun
- we did water rafting (ok it was hardly treacherous waters but still great fun cos we had great company :)) & tried surfing! we took lessons & the teachers were really good & patient - so all us first-timers got to stand up on the board within the morning - cool or what?! we liked it so much, we vowed to return for a pure surfing trip. and to my joy, i just discovered my friends in perth surf too!!! so i might just get to attempt it again when we next go up for carms' wedding in april :):):)





actually, we also climbed mt batur (some volcanoe thing which isnt really worth your time), supposedly to catch the sunrise at the top. that was bad for me (& my companions!) cos i cldnt climb as fast as the sun was rising & was slowing down everyone :( was very touched by their support tho - trying to up morale by singing & distracting me with crap talk & stopping ever so often. so sweet rite?

indoor fun - the food, spa & shopping were fab! as there were foodies in our midst, our meals were almost always yummy. it was nice to hit the surf shops too in the evening, except when you leave the hotel WITHOUT your credit card :\ i also saw & understood the surf culture from a different light - orhhhh, so there is actually a whole culture behind all the surf brands we see in sg. soh das, talk abt slow ;)


we hit the spa after our first day of surfing and being the united bunch that we were - ALL FIVE of us went! even the reluctant one :) okay lar, abit steep but still very shiok to have your worn out calves & neck kneaded & stroked for relief. one woman's meat is another man's poison ;)

the company
- was what made the trip complete! it was this memorable & awesome cos everyone got along, were fun, crazy, spontaneous (we have pics to prove that!) & cared for each other. no one was over-bearing, everyone tried to accomodate. you guys rawk!!! :)
given that someone else more eager than me has gone on to do a travel log, i shall save the trouble & just post the link here for you guys to enjoy :) i thank God for keeping us safe & count it a blessing to have been on such a trip! cool stuff :)

complete set of photos can be found on my smugmug

2 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your photos are amazing! everyone looks very happy :)

    Mt Batur - Blast from the Past man! Climbed it when I was 15 for a school geog trip. Sealed my suspicion that I will never like mountain-climbing trekky-type things. The stars were amazing at 4am when we started out, but I agree the eventual sunrise was nothing to shout about.

    Did you camp overnight at Toyah Bungkah at the foot of the mountain too? (OMGdness, I find it scary that I can remember these place names..)

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    hey! the photos are lovely arent they? seeing them makes me miss bali all over :) no, we didnt camp overnight, just woke up at 330am to take the van up to foot of mount. haha i think it was esp bad for me cos i wasnt feeling well. like to think i wldnt have been so weak if my lungs were functioning normally :P

    haha i also did geog trip to indonesia in sec 2 - with Eels too! but not to Bali... cant rem where but i rem vividly getting leech bites & staying at some not-too-comfy forest lodging. hee, talk abt adventure fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home