my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Monday, October 17, 2005

downtime


Its not been a very good morning at all. The funny stuff I had thought of blogging about abruptly faded in significance - my heart is heavy :( Ask for your prayers for my dad & I. Pray for patience, understanding, honesty and an acute dependence on Him. Pls pray that both of us would not allow the issue at hand to divide us, to recognise His sovereignty & power to sustain us. Pray that God will grant me wisdom to say & act in a way that’s loving yet helpful in alleviating the situation. Feel pretty overwhelmed right now yet reminded that He is faithful & true. I can surely count on that.

Its in the troubles of life that our reliance on Him grows & the hope of heaven shines brighter, comforts deeper.

a favourite downtime song comes to mind.

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servants and molding a man
Give thanks to the Lord
Though your testing seems long
In darkness, He giveth a song

O rejoice in the Lord
He makes no mistake
He knoweth the end of each path that I take
For when I am tried & purified
I shall come forth as gold


I could not see through the shadows ahead
So I looked to the cross of my Saviour instead
I bowed to the will of my Master that day
And peace came & tears fled away

Now I can see testing comes from above
God strengthens His children & purges with love
My Father knows best & I trust in His care
Through purging, more fruit I will bear


Thanks for praying.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger K said…

    I'm sure, in His time.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Ms Carpe Diem said…

    In my prayers

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hang in there pearlywhirly!
    keep depending on God.
    Big hugs! I'm praying for ya babes.

    *sympathetic meefs!*

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger K said…

    Something to cheer you up. "Geek in the Pink" video is up on Yahoo!

    Hope you feel better.

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger sheralynt said…

    -big hugs- and lots of love and prayers coming :)

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aiyah... i left a comment here the other day but dunno how come it didn't turn up. :( Oh well... nvmind... at least all things are resolved now. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home