my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

so sepia so vague


faded memories
so sepia, so vague
so hard to recall, yet so hard to vacate

the void you left, our God did fill
but i wish often that you are with me still
there are times i forget the look of your face
i close my eyes to imagine your embrace
life without you starting to outweigh life with
my mind’s running out of room, out of space

somewhere along the way
i stopped asking why you had to go
somewhere over time
i accepted there were reasons id never know

would you be proud if you knew me now
what light would you shed on the issues around
what would you say about the boy i fancy
would i make you sad, mad or very happy

ive forgotten your voice, forgotten your touch
but my heart will always love, miss you very much

faded memories
so sepia, so vague
so hard to recall, yet so hard to vacate

10 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    thanks marxx. no, you can be assured it isnt abt an inanimate object this time ard... :)

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    wow u r a good poet indeed! I see what Vanessa was talking abt y/d...I've always wished I could express myself like that u noe.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm, how come i noticed my name being mentioned out of the blue.. =P Yup anyway Pearls it's a really nice poem, so beautiful and yet so meloncholic. Pray that one fateful day, someone else will soon enter yr world and color it bright and beautiful once again. =)

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    hey you guys are too kind. im hardly a poet at all, really. thanks for appreciating tho :)

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Just read ur ode to nokia... hilarious and as with this one, beautifully written... bet u have a whole collection of poems tucked away just waiting to b published!

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger e* said…

    :) *hugS*

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pretty sure i know who this is about.

    you know, i'm sure (s)he'd be proud :)

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this poem, simple yet so succient. I'm so drawn to it!
    -elaine

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger sheralynt said…

    -much needed hugs-

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very sweet pearls... kinda guessed who the poem is abt too and totally agree with jiejie too.

    BIG HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home