my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Thursday, September 08, 2005

a tribute


you were my truest companion
you were my truest friend
you were there when i needed someone to talk to
you were there when i needed a hand

you woke me up every morning

even on the rainy days
you were in on my conversations
conveyed my smiles, frowns & craze

you knew the unsent stories
the ones that remained on store
and i could count on you to remember
details that would normally bore

you were always a good mediator
and had a keen eye for pictures too
(mostly) quick and intently capable
you humoured me even when i needed the loo

i only had one gripe -
you weren’t really the ideal size
but im not one to complain much
especially in the face of such a prize

sadly i didn’t see it coming
your departure was sudden & swift
someone stole you from me
its now too late for what-ifs

now that youre gone
ive got to look for someone new
someone who is sharp & quick
someone as reliable as you

i need to recollect those secrets
new memories out there to accrue
but while i find this new companion
know that i am missing you… :(



a tribute to my nokia 7210 which departed 07 September 2005
at approx 8.48am. numbers, condolences & recommendations most appreciated.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger K said…

    Damn, I thought you were refering to me.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry that it hasn't turned up yet :(

    This was a cute post though!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aiyoh gf.. what happened? How come kena stolen? Sorry to hear that. The poem is really cute though. Did you write it?

    Get my phone 6020, only cost me $38 bucks with trade in. For what you get... real gd value for money. :P You know for me how impt that is. :P Hehe...

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    hey sisters! yes kena stolen so jialat. really sad i lost all my nos & smses :( but its alrite, life goes on. glad you liked the poem :P

    hee, i know value most impt to you. but style & functionality are impt toooo! dont forget, i now dont hv the privilege of trade-in boohoohoo. miss ya eels! :)

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear, i didn't quite get till the end haha! If you're not keen on Nokias anymore you could try the new panasonic VS2 (I'm not too sure about the model name), it's small, light, easy to sms and not too expensive. :) - Elaine

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger paddychicken said…

    don't think i don't know what you are trying to prove with that poem. i just forgot, that's all. *huff*

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    elaine - thanks for the tip! :) but news is ive already gotten a replacement hee. still getting used to it tho... catchya sat

    paddy - i had sincerely forgotten! it was geniune inspiration on my part, not intended to prode you. now that im reminded, better get to it!!

    marxx - sure thing, didnt know you had such a page! will check it out :)

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woman.. you wrote a poem for your lost phone???? all i can say is..WOW!!:D:D

    anyway.. this poem is quite misleading if not for the fine print right at the end telling us it was about a phone..

    still..for a first time visiter.. i'm amazed at the pinkishness of this site... i want to read more but the pink just prods my eye.. sorry.. lol..:)

    love ya. later sis!

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Donovan said…

    Such a moving poem, so full of emotions...but pity it was credited to the wrong name

    That's like shouting "I love you forever Danny" only to realise it was Peter that you were dating

    Nokia 7610

    Anyhow, at least you've still got your photos

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    kor - haha the POINT was to kinda mislead, ya know. yah very pink rite? pls tell me when youre going for op ok!

    don - argh, cant believe you spotted it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home