my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Friday, August 19, 2005

awful annoyance

argh. there are moments in a day where i wish i didnt have to deal with anyone. really. esp naggy, unreasonable, utterly annoying vendors/colleagues.

i feel annoyed at them and at myself at the same time. feel really urked that she was rude & being a pain. classic case of two selfish, proud persons both unwillingly to step back, be gracious.

but more than annoyance with her, i feel disappointed & disgusted w myself. i hang up & feel awful for not being patient, for being curt, for not giving in more. its like ive all these opportunities to be kind, exercise self-control, demonstrate patience & i flop more times than grace wins.

i hate being this ugly. this fleshly, sinful nature is such a drag sometimes. i just wanna go home & curl up in bed :(

i feel like a little girl
trying to conquer the whole wide world
everybody wants a piece of me
i just dont know where to turn
ive got work piled up to my head
all i want to do is jump into bed
and wash away my troubles with lemonade
play hide & seek w the boy next door...
all i need is a good disguise
something nobody can recognise
that im feeling so small
all i need is a secret weapon
ive got to have faith
zapping monsters into outerspace...
little superhero girl
save me from myself
bits of 'little superhero girl' by corrinne may

1 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger paddychicken said…

    "i hang up & feel awful for not being patient, for being curt, for not giving in more."
    I disagree, you shouldn't have to bend over backwards. The trick is to not always give them what they want but let them think they got everything ;p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home