my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Monday, May 22, 2006

thank God for songs & frisbee

Got to give thanks cos God has truly been good.

Thanksgiving #1

Church on Sunday was a real blessing as I felt God knew my heart and reminded me of what I needed to hear through both the songs & the sermon. Pastor Chris preached on Psalm 91. Here are some learning points for me:

As believers, we are called to believe IN God, not just believe ABOUT God.

Our faith in God isn’t a cold commitment to set of rules, doctrine but a warm belief in God, our refuge.

God grants sovereign care, but also grants personal care

Nothing will happen to us without God’s knowledge. Everything is ultimately provided by Him, even if the rescue/deliverance seems to come through human means.

Faith comes from the hearing of God’s word

The true believer must make the deliberate choice to sort out our hearing, hear the good stuff, choose carefully who we listen to.

Our belief should not be a self-interested one

I should trust in God for who He is, not simply what He can do for me.

Also, I really appreciated this song we sang. A very good song to sing to myself as a reminder to look to God and trust Him deeply, whenever I don’t feel like it. Such a cheery, happy tune too! :)

Why so downcast O my soul?
Put your hope in God
Put your hope in God
Put your hope in God

Why so downcast O my soul?
Put your hope in God
And bless the name of the Lord

He’s the lifter of my countenance...


Thanksgiving #2

Daddy went to JFN retreat and really enjoyed himself. My heart brimmed with joy & thanksgiving at the things he (& others) were sharing with me! Daddy really likes his group. He told me they really opened up to each other & he didn’t know there were so many msians & insians around (he’s way of saying he’s comfy with them). He thinks they are a nice bunch and they had fun going to suppers and hanging out (sounds like us eh??). Daddy said he made friends with his roommate (a PUNJ dude) and his sharing of their time spent just touched me a lot.

Also, I had feedback that my daddy is very fun & a great sport. What can I say? Look who’s the daughter! :P Apparently Daddy also played a whoopee game of frisbee with the young people, outdoing some of the them! haha how cool & sweet is that?

Looks like he is set to attend DG regularly on Fridays after this. He talks of his group in a long term way. Isnt that just amazing & awesome? All the prayers answered. Really can see God’s hand working cos this is nothing man-made.

God is good indeed. Praise HIM!! :)

4 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger The Rust said…

    wow!

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger paddychicken said…

    I'm really happy for you!

    (I figured it was the lesser sin to leave a comment 3 weeks late than to pretend I didn't care)

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    thanks guys.. yes its better to comment late than be apathetic :) im glad you all share my joys with me! it kinda multiplies it :)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ms Carpe Diem said…

    Sounds like I belong in the camp PaddyChicken mentions. :p Only read your blog and glad to hear that about your Dad. Sure wish my family could be brought to Christ too though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home