my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Thursday, May 18, 2006

i love shopping better

Ive been feeling alittle out of it the last couple of days. But instead of moping, ive decided to distract myself with an unnecessary & indulgent entry detailing highlights of my recent trip to Bangkok. Actually only ONE highlight of the trip. Be warned, its floozy.

How does one begin to describe the ecstasy of being immersed in shopaholics paradise? The adrenaline rush, heat that hits you as you step into the furore of Chatuchak, fully anticipating the quirky, thrifty and nifty buys. The acute sense of purpose as you systematically comb, reconnoitre the amazing floors of the great MBK & the satisfaction that follows from finding all you wanted... and MORE. Or the wonder and cold air that numb your senses, the weight & whiff of extravagance that seep into your pores as you wander the magnificent & snooty Siam Paragon…

Words are not enough to make you fully comprehend, be even remotely envious of all the bargains I got. SO! I’ll resort to posting pictures of (a portion of) my spoils instead.


Suffice to say $7 belts, $8 tops, $10 bags, $12 shoes and $20 jeans all come together therapeutically to make me a very happy and satisfied girl. Like bubbletoes’ top wisely proclaims: boys are nice but I love shopping better! in fact, shopping is a lot less troublesome than boys. (boys suck) shopping rocks! YEAHHHHHH. i feel all better now :D

photo courtesy of fang

footnote: DO NOT give me a hard time about how much I’ve spent. I’m grouchy and I need relief. Moreover, I did say this was an indulgent entry so there! :P

ill finish up a mini travel log & post it so we'll know what not to miss out the next time we're there :) tara!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger K said…

    I agree... Boys suck!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The real question is: is shopping better or SDTP?!

    And SDTP when when when???

    With lurve,
    Not Bimbo Just Floozie!

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YEAH!!! GRLS ROCxorz!!
    Oops.. i mean...

    YEAH!!! Shopping RockXORZ!!!

    Ahhh... the sensuality of temptation.. just sucks you in doesnt it...we're all guilty of it which isn't an excuse but..
    well at least you're not buying $200 jeans...

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger sheralynt said…

    girl! i want to go shopping too! sniff, at least shopping where everything doesn't cost half a month's rent! hope your trip was delightfully fun! i miss you!

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah boys suck, thank God I'm a man! haha.. or at least I'd like to think so.. :]

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    ive been lazy/tired so havent replied till now sry!

    not bimbo just floozie - thanks for breaking the code yet again. hee, its a tough call. i want BOTH!:)

    sherry - i miss you toooo!! mail me sometime, wont you?

    sui - :) thats really funny! i shall reserve my comments hahaha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home