my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Friday, February 24, 2006

thanksgiving & random quiz


Hey everyone

Thanks for your words of encouragement, sweet messages & in some cases, your company :) It was a tough two weeks & as the last entry revealed, I felt very sucky at some points. BUT things are looking much better. God has kept me through people’s prayers, through the sermons, perspectives that dawned sporadically. I’m still rather weary but I’m going to pen some thanksgiving pts as a reminder of His goodness :)

What happened these 2 wks that warmed my heart…

- Met up with JC friend that I hadn’t seen in 6-7 years and we managed to catch up & chat just like it was the good ol’ days… really nice & heartwarming.

- Having people support me through my struggles. From sms-es, calls, virtual hugs to lunch/dinner dates, chocolates & pple meeting me to hang till 2am

- Things improving with my colleague. Seem like we are easing back into friendship zone and I thank God for answering my prayers.

- Daddy agreeing to join JFN with me! (me going is kinda an excuse) :) Wld appreciate continued prayers for him to grow in faith & persevere through the 14-wk course. For us to grow closer in the process.

- God helping me to surrender my desires to Him… helping me to learn to trust Him fully to provide for all areas of need.

- Different friendships that bring joy to me, each in its special way. I treasure the intimate lunch sessions, sharing & praying with Ling. Chats with Eels (all the major long distance phone bills!), Mel & Chelsia always brighten up my day & make the burdens easier to bear... each with unique perspectives. I appreciate Shing for always being there, be it noon or 1am. Siuling for praying for me & telling me so. And other unnamed gems ;) Close (platonic!) guy friends that root for me, that are protective, sweetly insistent on wanting to cheer me up when I’m down.

Thanks guys. You all mean a lot to me... my friends rawk big time!!

Gonna be a crazy weekend with event tomorrow, retreat over fri & sat, wedding on sat & full full day on sun! but I’m looking forward to leave on mon :) hope I get some rest after running long list of errands… And oh, you guys can try to do this Johari / Nohari thing. Have done for two pple so far… quite insightful to know how others perceive you. Ha. Be nice but be honest :)

Johari (good stuff) & Nohari (dark stuff)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger K said…

    here, do mine: http://kevan.org/johari?name=mrbiglive

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger The Rust said…

    do mine too!!!

    http://kevan.org/johari?view=silverust

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eh.. how come nobody dares to do the Nohari window and only the johari window?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home