my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

my steer & strong arm

Clarity eludes me now. But I pray on. The heart has reasons that reason knows not of*. For that reason, I no longer trust it.

Aloneness is myopic, at times blinding. Open my eyes God, restore my vision. Make your perspective mine.

I’m young and foolish. Helpless, dependent. Be my steer God, your wisdom my sole guide, my strong arm.

Lead me Lord, make me follow… You. Not the heart that misleads, the heart thats fickle, the heart thats easily charmed. The heart is deceitful above all things, who can understand it?^ Only you God, only you.


* blaise pascal
^ jeremiah 17.9

2 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heya... pray on... press on... *hugs dearie* yes our hearts are deceitful sigh... at best, our motivations are a strange mix of godliness, selfishness and pride... but the God that made us, sustains us and saves us... He will give you the wisdom to do what is right and pleasing to Him =) take heart that you are in my thoughts and i'm praying for u ! ;P

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Like i said to my real sister.. and now to you..
    Lonliness, if anything, should not be viewed as a weakness. It is your strength. What that means entirely... is something you have to find out for yourself.

    *hearts*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home