my Potter & i

"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand..." jere 18:6

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

william, pray tell

was browsing an interesting shakespeare site & realised many of today's phrases were actually lines from his plays. cool :) heh, sry ah i swaku.

check these out:

For ever and a day.
- as you like it
This is the short and the long of it.
- the merry wives of windsor

Why, then the world 's mine oyster.
- the merry wives of windsor

I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at.
- othello

some of my faves:
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- as you like it

Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest, lend less than thou owest.
- king lear

Brevity is the soul of wit.
- hamlet

Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.
- r+j

Love sought is good, but giv'n unsought is better.
- twelfth night
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- midsummer's night dream

2 Comments:

  • At 3:12 AM, Blogger sheralynt said…

    yes, mr. shakespeare, I like. Go read his sonnet "In faith I do not love thee with mine eyes". Miss our bitching-sessions-late-night-chats so much girl!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger pearlywhirls said…

    i miss you too, sherrysums. dont worry - we can catch up in dec. hey! wanna holiday tog? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home